June 6, 2009


Stop Worrying Now!

Most people these days don't think much about worry. They're so accustomed to it. To them it's normal. Some people are proud that they worry. They seem to think that to love their family is to worry about them.

But Jesus considered it deadly! He listed it as one of the few things that can kill off your harvest - even after the Word has taken root in your life. By making one decision, right now, before the day ends. You can decide that this is the day you'll quit worrying!

"Quit worrying?" you ask. You might as well tell me to quit breathing! I've worried all my life. And this coming days I have more reason to worry than ever!"

On contrary. The more problems you're facing, the more reason you have not to worry! You see, the Word of God can overcome any problem in your life. If you'll plant in the good soil of your heart, and let it grow unhindered, it will eventually grow up and produce a harvest greater than my problem. Notice I said it must grow unhindered. The greatest tool of the devil to hinder the Word from working in your life is described in Mark 4:19. The "cares of this world" in that verse mean one word: worry.

"Ok, I'm ready to quit worrying. This is the day for me!
If you're ready to make that decision, great! But let me warn you up front - worry is a habit. If you're going to rid yourself of it, you'll have to be diligent. I know that from experience. I come from a long line of worries. I'll never forget the verse that helped me kick the habit: "Roll yours upon the Lord (commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and) so shall your plans be established and succeed" Proverbs 16:3

When I read that verse, I decided to believe it. Once I did, I began to quit worrying like an alcoholic quits drinking - one moment at a time. I'd have a worried thought and I'd roll it over on the Lord.

So Stop Worrying! Apply Proverbs 16:3 every time worry knocks at your door. Pretty soon, it'll be normal for you not to worry! You'll be free!

For Further Study:
Psalm 55:22
1 Peter 5:7


Daily Scripture Reading:
Genesis 10-11
Matthew 6

Speak the Word

I do not allow the worries of this world or deceitfulness
of
riches or lust of other things to enter into my heart
and choke the Word. I am determined to bear much fruit.
Mark 4:19-20

By: KCM

No comments: